The site is located in a commercial / light industrial area in Herne-Börnig,approximately 2.5km northeast of the city centre of Herne and 1km south of the A42 motorway.

The property comprises a warehouse building complex with two-storey office frontage to the south west. Associated parking and yard areas are located in the western and northern part of the site. A sprinkler plant building housing the water tanks and pumps is located in the eastern part of the property.

Buildings cover approximately 50% of the property; approximately 40% of the site is covered with brick paving (yard areas and parking) and approximately 10% of the property comprises landscaping (grass and bushes/trees).

The site and wider area were part of the former coal mine “Mont Cenis” from approximately 1872 until 1978. A gasometer was located in the west of the subject site and the remaining site area was undeveloped land. The main infrastructure elements of the former mine (mine shafts, coking plant etc.) were located off-site.

The current building was constructed in 1982 (extended in 1992) and was used by Eduscho for storage and distribution of coffee and related goods until 1999. In 1999 the companies Tchibo and Eduscho merged and the building was continued to be used by used by Tchibo. From 2008 to January 2014 the site was used by Linde-Deutsch-Trans for the storage of flooring and for office administration.